Topolobampo and Frontera Grill with Rick Bayless

Chef and owner Rick Bayless talks about his popular Topolobampo and Frontera Grill restaurants in downtown Chicago. Get more info on these restaurants and mo…

24 thoughts on “Topolobampo and Frontera Grill with Rick Bayless

1. wetguavass

corn. we eat corn more than beans. our ancestors had corn gods. And they are fried beans, not refried.

2. chilenasallday

My respects to Mr.Bayless I find it intresting having a foreigner from a diffrent country get inspired by Mexican cuisine,gets my respect.

3. Marcos Robles

Hes a great chef of mexican cousine in america but not in mexico go to mexico and u will see the best chefs of mexican cousin no wonder he goes to mexico to learn from them

4. moonymuch

I had lunch at Frontera Grill and it was one of the best meals of my life. I would eat there…well, not every day, but once a week if I could!

5. MrsMogg

I love you Rick Bayless !!

Thank you for Frontera Grill – THE BEST restaurant in Chicago !!
    I love Mexican food and Rick takes it up to a whole new level … he is the best .
    I just heard about Red-O …
    please come back to Chicago Rick – we need you in Chicago 🙂 –
    we love you here !!

6. aldenclarke

Bayless is an awesome guy, but for some reason mexican food just doesn’t appeal to me. I might change my tune if I ate there, but the food just doesn’t appeal to my eyes.

7. bobhensel

Do yourselves a favor and eat at any of Chef Bayless’ establishments. On one particular occasion I was lucky enough to be there when he was preparing the meals. You cant believe it if you don’t try it. I live in the desert of eastern Oregon and it is not easy to get to Chicago, but everytime I do I eat “Mexico One Plate At A Time.”

8. Hater656

The man has traveled extensively through Mexico and has real passion for the culture and the cuisine. It’s sad to admit, but, sometimes it takes an “outsider” to show you just how wonderful and beautiful your country is.

9. manogawa

I want to know if the owner of this restaurant knows there is a port in Mexico with this name in the state of Sinaloa and someday would like to know his restaurant I live in louisiana. but I’m from that port.

10. danzigism

Rick Bayless is so freakin’ awesome it’s not even funny. I love his recipes and it would be totally sweet to go to his restaurants. I’m glad his show appears on PBS now. I watch it all the freakin time. thanks!!!!

11. HoshiSuzume

i love this man and if i ever go to chicago i am stopping in at at least one, if not both of these restaurants.

12. mve2009

Mexican food is not “Latin”; it has strong roots in pre-columbian Mexico and it is very different from other Latin American cuisines.

13. sourcetags

I love this style food and its under-appreciated. This amazing rustic mexician food is simply amazing. No wonder he’s won many james beard awards

14. RockyBalboa211

Well he does have the television look as well.. I like his voice, but thats just me lol! Wierd that he colors his hair, and yet not his moustache.

15. RockyBalboa211

Well…he lives in chicago.. and he probably knows more about traditional mexican food than alot of the people of mexican descent in chicago. Thats how he is considered one of the best mexican cuisine chefs to ever live.

16. RockyBalboa211

Well Rick Bayless though is one of the best chefs of mexican cuisine. He traveled during his childhood and adulthood through all of Mexico, and intensively learned alot of its traditional customs in making true Mexican food.

17. TheFoodChannel

Frontera Grill is incredible! Did you know he’s opening a new place next door called Xoco?? YUM! Churros and Mexican hot chocolate!

18. makkonnen1

What a crock of sh!t. All the Mexicans here and in Mexico and PBS can’t find one to do a show on making Mexican food?
    Racism plain and simple.